Classes Lesson Poll

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.

What did you think about the classes intro lesson?

Poll ended at July 9th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Piece of cake Chili. I eat classes for breakfast and crap them out all day long.
42%
Kinda fucked up lesson, but I think I got the gist of it.
33%
I had no idea what was fucking going on. The only thing I took away from this lesson is that I think Chili may have Tourette's.
8%
Anal beads.
17%

Total votes: 12

Sleet

Re: Classes Lesson Poll

Post by Sleet » July 10th, 2012, 6:04 am

Going to be going through it probably tonight or at least in the next day or two but is it bad I really want to vote for anal beads just because....

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 10th, 2012, 6:08 pm

i watched the video again last night and got a bit more of what classes are and how those pointers were working ,i forgot that pointers can be of any type ,even class type pointers:D,so that's how we can call a function by using a pointer to a class instance.
anyway not sure if i'm right but i don't think using recursion for linked list is better than just simple array,i mean they might be better for beeing of dynamic size,but if translated to another scale,where using thousands,maybe millions of items i don't think recursion could do anything there,so if u can in a future video maybe show a linked list example without using recursion:)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm

You are absolutely right virus. Recursion is sexy if you like like that sort of thing, but loops are faster and they don't give you stack overflows, so when you're working with large sets of data, loops are probably strictly better than recursive calls.

Why don't you try to implement the scoreboard, or some other kind of module, with linked lists and loops yourself? ;)
Chili

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 11th, 2012, 4:49 pm

yeah that sounds like a god challenge:D ,wish i had more free time now tough:(,anyway when i'll have the time i'll try to implement it:).

i also like that u don't choose the best code to teach us some concepts,instead using some solution that leave room for improvement and making us think on how to improve them,or how to code something different based on same concept:D