Making interface

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Psychoman

Making interface

Post by Psychoman » August 21st, 2013, 6:54 pm

Hello, I'd like to ask a question. Can I make a good interface using D3D , what I mean by it , so I can create some buttons , labels , text boxes and other stuff, it's not particularly for the game ,but for example a simple interface where you enter radius of circle and you press a button and in the label you get the square of the circle.I know there's such thing as windows forms to make life easier , but I searched through i-net and there no good tutorials , how to use that ( or I searched craply ).Also there's a thing I acknowledged that there are some stuff to easier create a window then winapi like MFC and QI. If someone give me a tip, what way is better, I appreciated it :lol:

DNADrone

Re: Making interface

Post by DNADrone » August 21st, 2013, 7:29 pm

Yeah its possible to create one using DirectX. Just create a custom background and sprites (for buttons and all) and combine them into the window. Then you'd have to write codes for clicking and inputting values into text boxes where a visual feed would be shown. Then you'd have to accept the value as a parameter. Basically, this stuff is really easy if you're doing webpages. The refresh rate of the DirectX makes it difficult, but its a good idea and worth the try.

Good luck

Psychoman

Post by Psychoman » August 21st, 2013, 9:04 pm

Thx , but just to know , you know mb some book or its just looking stuff in documentation?

nG Inverse

Post by nG Inverse » August 22nd, 2013, 10:14 am

I personally wouldn't take the method described above. That involves a lot of work that is already partially done for you by Win32. Use that API in order to code buttons ("windows") onto the (main) window.

This is a very useful page (and website in general) I used when first getting my feet wet with Win32: http://www.win32developer.com/tutorial/ ... ial_3.shtm

Psychoman

Post by Psychoman » August 23rd, 2013, 2:49 pm

Thx , but what did you used to wet your feet more ? :lol: