IM STUCK [C++ BEGINNER]

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
XCout13

IM STUCK [C++ BEGINNER]

Post by XCout13 » December 1st, 2021, 11:12 pm

I've been doing the Tutorial 13 Homework like a lot right now. I understand the purpose of the code and I swear I followed Chili's Homework Solution. But there is something wrong with my code, it just crashes every time I press enter on the title screen. I've done this homework so many times now but, the same issue just keeps happening. Can somebody please help me?

Username456

Re: IM STUCK [C++ BEGINNER]

Post by Username456 » December 4th, 2021, 2:21 pm

I think the poo and the dude might be drawing outside the window.
Check the part of your code that is dealing with collision of boundary.

XCout13

Post by XCout13 » December 8th, 2021, 12:56 am

The poos and the dude works fine. My only issue is when I add the code for the randomly generated goals, it just crashes whenever I press enter on the title screen. Can I ask you to check my code?

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » December 21st, 2021, 8:47 am

This problem is usually caused by invalid X and Y values in something you're drawing. It's a good idea to start with the debugger to see if you can figure out what went wrong. If you still can't find the issue, you can always post your project either a ZIP/RAR file here or a link to your project's GitHub repository.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com