[Sticky] ------- User submitted games & useful resources

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

Re: [Sticky] ------- User submitted games & useful resources

Post by chili » March 8th, 2019, 1:59 am

hmmm, seems to be some a problem with the links. If you modify the links you can still go the the appropriate pages (do you understand how urls work? change the domain to forum.planetchili.net/viewtopic...)
I'll fix it so that links like these work again
Chili

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 8th, 2019, 2:05 am

Ok, I think I fixed it, just did a search and replace of all the address, let me know if you come across any broken ones.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 8th, 2019, 2:07 am

Haha, well, chili if you find a better way than just editing the posts that would be great.

The old links were http://www.planetchili.net/forum, so were redirected to the patdash I'm guessing and didn't use the https secure servers. More than likely all the older posts are going to be like that.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 8th, 2019, 4:06 am

Well HTTPS isn't relevent here, the problem is that although i created a redirect for /forum -> forum.planetchili, I didn't make the redirect copy and rewrite the url portion following forum/
Chili

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 9th, 2019, 4:36 am

o shit, I just noticed that you rewrote all the URLs :D Thanks for that

I modified the patdash redirects so that stuff like www.planetchili.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2079 should redirect correctly now. Let me know if you find any other problems.
Chili

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 9th, 2019, 6:27 am

No problem, as I stated it was just a find and replace, but I only did it for that one post. I was really hoping you'd come through so manual maintenance wouldn't be necessary, job well done.