Bug Hunters Apply Here

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
x_eqis

Re: Bug Hunters Apply Here

Post by x_eqis » April 25th, 2012, 7:38 pm

chili wrote: after become proficient at programming, what kind of game are you planning to make? Do you have a specific idea or project in mind?
Actually I do intend to try some other old school clone like tetris or space taxi next, but this just to get more experience.

Now assuming that one day I master all that pointers and objects and other classic c shit....as I'm usually spending my free time on music and not on programming (although definitely not in the last few weeks :twisted: ), the logical next step for me personally would be to go not so much into graphics, but rather into sound.
By sound I don't just mean the vst interface I asked about earlier, but also exploring sound in games. For example implementing a synthesizer inside the game and linking certain sound parameters to game variables (like pitch, cutoff, delay, if possible more advanced parametery). Or having a game with acoustic (instead of visual) feedback, so that you have to rely on your ears to beat the game....
This is probably the stuff that would FREAK ME OUT most. But I think it's a long way, and I also believe it's a bit too specific a direction to rely on your tutorials, so in order to achieve that, one day I may have to leave the homely planet chili and walk on my own (sobbing out loudly)

chili
Site Admin

Re: Bug Hunters Apply Here

Post by chili » April 26th, 2012, 3:57 am

If you can find an innovative way to make a game that is audio-centric, you could have a hit on your hands. In the meanwhile, I look forward to seeing your next masterpiece bro. :)
Chili