Small game I'm working on

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
EdadTace

Small game I'm working on

Post by EdadTace » April 22nd, 2012, 9:55 pm

here's a game i'm currently working on - it's pretty far in development, but still missing any gameplay features

now before I go on with telling u what this game is all about, I have to say that this is not coded in chili's framework, but have been coded with allegro 5 instead ( it's still C++ in case u're wondering )
I've also been using alot of shit that chili have not been going over yet, like classes and multidimension arrays.

the idea with the game is that the player will be able to dig mines, by commanding workers and building structures with different purposes, and then earn money that way and that's pretty much the gameplay. Not to exciting, but it's a good project.

curently i'm working on a way to get rid of alot of lone blocks left behind by the world generator, but it's not complete yet

I probaly wanted to say some more here, but i kinda forgot so I'm just gonna post an image and the source code and then u can ask questions if u want to know more

I think u'll be able to run the game from the .exe file include in the download, but if not u'll need to download and install allegro in order to build it.
Attachments
DigginHoles.zip
Source files and .exe
(1 MiB) Downloaded 341 times

chili
Site Admin

Re: Small game I'm working on

Post by chili » April 23rd, 2012, 8:43 am

Sounds cool Edad; kind of like Dwarf Fortress Lite. :lol:

I could run it no problem on my system so deployment seems not to be an issue for you. The scrolling and everything looks smooth, and when I clicked on some of the earth tiles they changed. Not too sure what else you can do because I'm not familiar with the controls, but seems like a good start to me bro.
Chili

EdadTace

Re: Small game I'm working on

Post by EdadTace » April 23rd, 2012, 9:28 am

that's just about all there is to the controls too - moving around with the arrow keys or wasd and if u click a block it'll set it to "air"

i don't know how much it reminds of Dwarf Fortress Lite as i've never really played that game xD