5000 poops

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Hersonrock

5000 poops

Post by Hersonrock » December 4th, 2021, 10:58 pm

So I'm on c++/directx beginner class 12, managed to simplify poop creation down to writing a number.

This is how 5000 of them look like
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Yummy.JPG
(357.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet

albinopapa

Re: 5000 poops

Post by albinopapa » December 5th, 2021, 4:47 pm

8-)
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » December 5th, 2021, 4:52 pm

That was my first step if I recall, the next step for me, outside of chili's tutorials, was calculating the distance between the dude and each poo, determine which one is closer and have the dude collect them automatically. Each time the dude collected one, do the calculation again and go to the closest one from current position.

This got me using some math I was a little rusty at, got me using more branching statements like if/else or switch/case ( can't remember if chili had covered switch/case and enum's at that point ).
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Hersonrock

Post by Hersonrock » December 6th, 2021, 1:03 am

!! That's such a good idea, making a an algorithm for it to eat them automatically.
Maybe another cool project is to make the Dude automatically avoid the poo.

It would involve understanding the trajectory of the poo, the dimensions and speeds involved. :D

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » December 6th, 2021, 10:41 am

If you're going to have Dude avoid Poo,
Give Dude Goal.
Reaching Goal increases Poo or increases Poo's speed.
Give points to player for reaching Goal.
Save score to disk, keep as sorted list of top 10