Account help

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
FirepathAgain

Account help

Post by FirepathAgain » March 20th, 2021, 3:14 am

Hi Guys

Been a couple years since I've been on. I started working on "Wolfenclone" and didn't get much further than what I last showed.

Anyway, back into it and a lot more competent in C++, understanding 98% creating a window from scratch in C++ / how windows stuff just works, all the functions that return HRESULTs. I'm getting a good grip on how graphics, COM, and DX11 work and am attempting to spend time on it every week.

I've developed my own thing now completely from scratch, not using the chili framework, but still using his teachings to do so, and using it to continue learning chili stuff. I've been happily able to go ahead with a lot of things before watching chili's solution and while usually there is some C++ specific way of doing something that is neater than what I did, I'm happy I'm creating solutions myself.

I passed 10 years at my current job in C# .Net / SQL so yay I guess.

Anyway, I'm using a new user because I can't for the life of me get my original account unlocked. I did the "forgot password" process, never received an email to reset. I've emailed admin, with no response. This was a week or so apart each time over the last month.

Can I get in touch with someone somehow to unlock that account? Maybe I have the domain or address in my block list, no idea, there are so many in there as I get so much goddamned spam these days.

Oh and congrats / my condolences on becoming a parent chili.

Also your videos are a very good learning tool. Have you considered selling DVDs or downloadable copies or something of them? I know it's a bit odd to think of but I don't want your stuff to go missing one day. I'm really getting a lot out of it and there is so much in there.

chili
Site Admin

Re: Account help

Post by chili » March 27th, 2021, 11:32 am

Old account, new account
what's the difference :]
Chili

FirepathAgain

Re: Account help

Post by FirepathAgain » March 30th, 2021, 3:27 am

I had to create a new email address for the new account. Apart from that I don't care really.

Appreciate you getting back to me chili.