Awesome tutorials

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
ArtF

Awesome tutorials

Post by ArtF » June 26th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Hey Chili..

Until a couple weeks ago, I have never programmed in DirectX, always saw it as arcane magic,
but I happened across a youtube video of yours, and now after watching 50ish videos, I
now have a working Windows Doc/View/Menu architecture application with resizable windows and all the MFC stuff I
like to use mixed with your gamers framework doing 60FPS on the screen. The drawables like testcube
have been changed to dynamically create full Models from their constructor, IMGui resizes at will,
and goblin heads abound as test subjects all contained in a global modelContainer to make it neat
for testing. I added a skycube environment to test my understanding as well and it seems to fit in well..
I have to say in my years playing in such things, this is the best tutorial I've come
across and I just wanted to drop a shoutout. This is great stuff and I think you've created a
DirectX addict. Stay awesome.

Thanks,( I think..)
Art

albinopapa

Re: Awesome tutorials

Post by albinopapa » June 26th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Hey Art, welcome to the community.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Re: Awesome tutorials

Post by chili » July 5th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Oh man, MFC... that brings me back. Cheers man, glad you are enjoying the vids. Plenty more to come :]
Chili