Plant trees for practice

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Drug Mile

Plant trees for practice

Post by Drug Mile » March 9th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm just doing some practice after watching beginners tutorials. Crated my github account so let me test that also.

Here is my depo:
https://github.com/DrugMile/Tree-planter

I created a function that draws a tree symbol on the screen. I made a class Tree, and an array of trees. At the moment mouse click should plant a tree on the screen. For next steps I plan to incorporate automatic seeding, growing and dying of trees, later maybe some competition etc.

Just one question for now. I registered Visual Studio under my real name and company email. When I uploaded project to Github, it is reporting those data, which I may not like. Now I changed the data in Visual Studio, but it affects only new commits, not the old ones. So if I want to continue with this project, my real name is related to old commits forever? It is not a big deal at the moment, but I prefer to have control over what data I expose on the internet.

chili
Site Admin

Re: Plant trees for practice

Post by chili » March 10th, 2020, 7:40 am

Yeah, that is annoying. The best you can do is change the earlier commits with some git commands and then force-push. Good opportunity to get dirty with git on the command line :D
Chili