Github repos

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
aj2303

Github repos

Post by aj2303 » October 14th, 2019, 10:08 am

Hi Chilli/Community, I was wondering if it would be okay per the license to upload to Github some custom classes I wrote on top of the Chilli Framework. I would not be posting any of the base code, just the classes I added, as well as a video of the system working. Full credit would be given to Chilli for his framework. This would be purely for the purpose of showcasing C++ projects and proficiency to employers as part of a resume. I only ask because I have been building a small system for collisions on top of the Chilli Framework and would like to showcase only my code on Github.

albinopapa

Re: Github repos

Post by albinopapa » October 15th, 2019, 8:24 am

I'm pretty sure it would be okay even if you uploaded the framework files as well as long as the license information stayed in tact. Any time we have issues and need assistance, uploading to GitHub is usually the easiest way to explore the code and is the preferred method. I'm sure a lot of people would love to explore your collision classes as well if you are planning on making them public.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

aj2303

Post by aj2303 » October 15th, 2019, 8:28 am

Sounds good. I'm not entirely familiar with how licenses work and what's acceptable and what isn't, so I really appreciate the help!

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 16th, 2019, 4:24 am

The GPL2 means you can upload the code, nobody can stop you. The only thing you CAN'T do is make something with it, and then distribute the binaries publicly (such as selling the software) without source code. If you publicly distribute binaries, it must include source.
Chili

aj2303

Post by aj2303 » October 17th, 2019, 6:15 am

Thank you Chili!