Noobie old dude here

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
jimmylh

Noobie old dude here

Post by jimmylh » February 19th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Yeah, I'm old. Like 66 years old. :shock: I just discovered Chili a couple of weeks ago and have been watching the beginners tutorials on Youtube. Mini bio: retired avionics tech. Did some Basic programming on my Radio Shack TRS-80 and C128\C64 back in the day. Did some GenRad Basic programming on my job. GenRad Basic was used for GenRad ATE (automatic test equipment) back in the 80's and 90's. GenRad Basic included a bunch of dedicated measurement related commands.

Anyways, I started playing with an Arduino Uno a few months ago. I bought a couple of dummies books for Arduino and C++ to get me going. I also watched a 9 hour C++ tutorial series by Bucky Roberts. I learned syntax but not much in the way of application. I noticed Chili's videos and here I am. I've been working on the poo game a few days now. :mrgreen: Thanks to Chili for all the videos and other info.

albinopapa

Re: Noobie old dude here

Post by albinopapa » February 20th, 2019, 6:56 am

Welcome to the forum jimmylh, if you need any help at some point, don't hesitate to let us know.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Re: Noobie old dude here

Post by chili » February 21st, 2019, 2:31 am

Yo tho, TRS-80. There is where I learned my first coding as well (had one in the 3rd grade classroom).
Chili