Source examples? Or a little help Lesson 4.3

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Buddha

Source examples? Or a little help Lesson 4.3

Post by Buddha » February 1st, 2019, 9:20 pm

Having some issues, with lesson 4.3. Pressing shift to change the shape after separating the game logic from the graphics code.

Pressing shift does nothing at all. When I created a break point and went through, visual studio says there is missing code: memset.asm not found, and I can't really get any further for testing.

Is there a source example for this particular lesson I can look at and compare mine too?

I've just been pausing and trying to copy what I see on screen during the video. I most likely missed something.

albinopapa

Re: Source examples? Or a little help Lesson 4.3

Post by albinopapa » February 2nd, 2019, 9:26 am

Are you in Debug mode or Release mode?

If in Debug mode, try going to Build / Rebuild, you shouldn't be getting errors about assembly ( .asm ) files missing.

Also, make sure you have changed the SDK version in the project properties to be the same as the one you installed with Visual Studio as the one the framework comes with is out of date if you downloaded VS2017 recently or have downloaded VS2019.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Re: Source examples? Or a little help Lesson 4.3

Post by albinopapa » February 2nd, 2019, 9:29 am

EDIT: You might get missing files if you try stepping into ( F11 ) a Win32 or standard library api. There is a setting in the later versions of VS2017 and in VS2019 that allows you to only step through your code and step over library code.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com