Just a Hello!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Geoffernator

Just a Hello!

Post by Geoffernator » January 25th, 2019, 11:42 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post and i am a genuine noobie despite going to college to learn C++ 20 years ago (terrible tutors who found it difficult to describe how to put one foot in front of the other let-alone code: Oh wait i'm just slow - i blame it on my age now lol):
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here!

I have started to learn the Chili Beginner DirectX Game Development and i am only at the end of lesson 7. (fantastic tutorials).

I were smack bang in the middle of asking a question, but while describing my problem the light bulb suddenly turned on lol, and now it works: so...

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into these projects to teach us (Spectacular Tutorials - most of it sinks in too - your a natural! :D :shock: :) )
The definition of a Noobie/Noob: You will always be one! - Redefining the meaning of a recursive life as a developer :-P

albinopapa

Re: Just a Hello!

Post by albinopapa » January 25th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forums Geoffenator, glad to have you with us. I started using chili's tutorials back in Oct 2012 and have loved it ever since. If any questions come back up, definitely give us a shout.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » January 26th, 2019, 3:27 am

Yes my dude, welcome. Don't hesitate to ask a question here, you're pretty much sure to get an answer :D
Chili

Geoffernator

Post by Geoffernator » January 26th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome... I feel a little more relaxed now :-)
The definition of a Noobie/Noob: You will always be one! - Redefining the meaning of a recursive life as a developer :-P