Neat feature for VS - add your own background image

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
binary_ironclad

Neat feature for VS - add your own background image

Post by binary_ironclad » November 19th, 2018, 11:21 pm

I discovered a pretty cool tool recently that some of you may get a kick out of. It's 'ClaudiaIDE' -- it should come up if you search for VS productivity tools (the add-ons, etc.).

Since following ole' Uncle Chili's tuts, I decided to take a break around Beg. 19 to try and dick around with the lessons learned there, coupled with my previous experience in dealing with business intelligence programming. I'm now spending decent chunks of time in the IDE, so I have to admit I think it's a pretty cool setup to add your own custom background image. The tool was written by an anime fan -- the default photo is a blonde anime gal with huge bombs under her sweater. lmao... But it can be easily changed.

Neat feature and it gives a personalized touch to the environment, which to me helps me 'be' more in the moment when am learning/coding, if that makes sense...

At any rate, thanks again for your work Chili, and I attached a screenshot of what my VS looks like.

Enjoy.
Attachments
VS_IDE_Background_kickass_shit.PNG
(1.21 MiB) Not downloaded yet

albinopapa

Re: Neat feature for VS - add your own background image

Post by albinopapa » November 20th, 2018, 4:05 am

NOPE! Creepy AF, that's not going to motivate me to open VS. LOL!

Nice find, I might find it too distracting, but meh I'll at least check tit out.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » November 20th, 2018, 4:07 am

Looking through google images at others IDE image choices and see quite a few chibi, too bad I don't know what chili looks like: CHIBI CHILI ANYONE?
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » November 20th, 2018, 4:12 am

albinopapa wrote:NOPE! Creepy AF, that's not going to motivate me to open VS. LOL!

Nice find, I might find it too distracting, but meh I'll at least check tit out.

I can definitely see how it'd be distracting for some. I went through a number of background images, many of which were poor candidates -- 'busy' designs, some with lettering, with loud colors, etc... I chose the dark face design because it's an aesthetic I enjoy, plus it's off to the right (most of my code lives on the left half of the screen, usually....) There's no lettering to clutter or possibly confuse. It's a neat feature to make it feel like home.

I'm all for a smoking hot woman in a pair of yoga pants, but at the end of the day I want to have a clear, focused mind when coding. Some nice, abstract, subtle art works just fine for me. YMMV. :D

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » November 20th, 2018, 7:15 am

You guys wanna see the real dope shit? Check out this plugin:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... eWatch2017

I also recommend trying out custom natvis files. They are the shit (check out recent 3df commits for an example).
Chili

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » November 20th, 2018, 5:57 pm

That's pretty badass. Not doing too much with image processing at this point, but I definitely want to dick around with that for sure.