Need custom music for your game?

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
danielray

Need custom music for your game?

Post by danielray » October 30th, 2018, 9:32 am

Hi everyone!

Being a video games enthusiast, a couple of years ago I found Chili's awesome youtube tutorials which I've been following almost since day 1, did the homework for a while, but never turned into a crazy programmer in the end. Meanwhile I became a decent media composer mainly for films and library music, but I would find it even more exciting to make music for video games. So far I checked out the theory of video games music design and FMOD, a pretty well-known middleware used in all kinds of games for music and sound integration, but I haven't had the opportunity to do anything practical yet.

So I thought some of you are most likely at a point where they would rather do a rather serious project which is not just for the sake of practicing, but which you would like to share with the public. I'd like to offer my collaboration to those. It doesn't have to be anything huge, just a serious, polished and complete game which is worth contributing to. I am especially interested in making adaptive music and using FMOD, target platform doesn't matter. Style-wise there are things I've done and haven't done, but I always love to check out something new. Although I am not a sound designer, I am also open to the idea to try to make some basic fx-sounds, if you have need.

For you, this is a good chance to gain experience working with a composer/someone else in general and integrating music & sound into your game, maybe with middleware, to get some extra motivation by having another person in your boat and to give your game a more professional touch. For me, this is about experience, doing something new and having fun :)

If you reply here or pm me, I should probably get notified, but to be safe you also can write an e-mail to d_raab@gmx.net.

albinopapa

Re: Need custom music for your game?

Post by albinopapa » October 30th, 2018, 8:19 pm

Hey, thanks for the info and offer, hope you get some takers.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 31st, 2018, 3:50 am

If/when I get back to developing project Twin, I might just hit you up. :)
Chili

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » October 31st, 2018, 8:25 am

I was wondering if you had finished PTwin or if you moved it over to Patreon exclusive or just dropped it completely.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

danielray

Post by danielray » November 3rd, 2018, 9:34 am

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it indeed would be awesome, if someone took the offer.

Project Twin is the kind of game and size which would be perfect as a starter :)