Big ups to Chili

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
binary_ironclad

Big ups to Chili

Post by binary_ironclad » October 22nd, 2018, 5:23 pm

Great series. I've been looking to get out of the same-ole same-ole I've been stuck in for a while -- lots of TSQL, ETL, VBA, business intelligence related stuff. Your series is like tits on a unicorn -- utterly magical.

Many thanks for your efforts. I've passed your videos on to several other dapper chaps I know who are looking to get their feet wet.

Also, I noticed you are in Japan. Used to live there, myself.

Keep kicking ass!

b_i

chili
Site Admin

Re: Big ups to Chili

Post by chili » October 23rd, 2018, 3:29 am

Same OLE. I see what you did there :kappa:
Chili

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » October 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am

chili wrote:Same OLE. I see what you did there :kappa:

Yapari, and you know why I wanted to get into something with a little more ass behind it. aww yeah.

Nihongo wo shaberu?

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 23rd, 2018, 3:43 pm

残念ながら毎日喋らざるを得ない状況だ
Chili

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » October 23rd, 2018, 4:49 pm

chili wrote:残念ながら毎日喋らざるを得ない状況だ

My reading is *extremely* rusty (lived there in 2006 and have had no reason to use since returning to the USA in 2007). Something about not liking speaking it every day...?

Just remember, they have snake ice cream, robots, and local festivals with giant wooden dongs being paraded around. What's not to love?

ETA: What took you to Japan? Do you have a bio up?

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 27th, 2018, 9:04 am

Nah no bio, not my style. The people who hang around the Discord and the forum back in the day have a decent idea about me i guess, as I let details slip every now and then ;)
Chili

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » October 27th, 2018, 1:24 pm

chili wrote:Nah no bio, not my style. The people who hang around the Discord and the forum back in the day have a decent idea about me i guess, as I let details slip every now and then ;)

Roger that.

I gotta thank you again, man. I had a stroke of inspiration recently. You may interpret that as you wish. I'm approaching my 40's and when I was younger there was a game on the TRS-80, released originally in '82 I think, called Dungeons of Daggorath. Love that game. Pretty groundbreaking for its time since it was 3D, used sound in creative ways, and to this day has a very haunting quality. I think I am going to dick around with using your framework and creating a sort-of follow-up, or 'modernized' interpretation of it. I think a lot of creative shit can be done with it, while still keeping that old feel...

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 30th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Do it bro, sounds highly doable.

Funny coincidence, my first programming experience was on the TRS-80 that was sitting in my elementary grade 3 classroom. :)
Chili

binary_ironclad

Post by binary_ironclad » October 31st, 2018, 12:01 pm

chili wrote:Do it bro, sounds highly doable.

Funny coincidence, my first programming experience was on the TRS-80 that was sitting in my elementary grade 3 classroom. :)

It's definitely been on my noggin. I have a few things to iron out conceptually.

I miss the TRS-80, bro. Good times. Typing "Do my homework" and getting a "?SYNTAX ERROR" was always good times. Ahh, to be young and alive when the original Transformers were still kicking ass every Saturday morning.