Simulating particles with negative mass

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
JDB

Simulating particles with negative mass

Post by JDB » September 3rd, 2018, 4:57 pm

Hey guys, been a while since I posted anything here but figured some of you who are interested in cosmology may find this video of interest. I cover a model of the universe which incorporates negative energy and helps to explain stuff like dark energy and dark matter. A few years ago I created a 2D particle simulator using the Chili engine in order to test some of this stuff, I show that near the end of the video as well as a newer 3D particle simulator I made in OpenCL.

I'm thinking of starting a series of lecture videos like this just on different random and interesting topics. The next one will probably be on real time ray-tracing since that's a hot topic right now with the RTX's release and that's what most of my threads here have been about. Unlike this video the ray-tracing one will be heavily code based and cover the details of my OpenCL ray-tracing engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFet2okvLM4

albinopapa

Re: Simulating particles with negative mass

Post by albinopapa » September 3rd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Glad to see you chose OpenCL instead of CUDA.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » September 3rd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Oh, and welcome back.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

JDB

Post by JDB » September 3rd, 2018, 7:06 pm

albinopapa wrote:Glad to see you chose OpenCL instead of CUDA.
Haha well I only bought a 1080 a few months ago, before that I didn't have any Nvidia cards so couldn't use CUDA anyway. I'm glad I started using OpenCL though because of the portability.