Wolfenclone

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Firepath

Re: Wolfenclone

Post by Firepath » December 24th, 2018, 11:10 am

Ha, wow, you sure did find a bug. It didn't rear its head until I added something else, but yet, bug for real.

I learnt some python making a script to convert pngs to bmps with magenta backgrounds in Gimp, that was pretty cool.

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » December 24th, 2018, 8:31 pm

While I wouldn't discourage you from learning additional languages, seems kind of pointless to convert the images in that manner. You could just do it when your program loads thus saving disk space and headache of having to convert your images. In other words, when you load your PNG images from disk, you can then check if alpha is 0 and if so, set color to magenta. This would have been my path, but then again I haven't taken initiative to learn any other languages other than Lua.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Firepath

Post by Firepath » December 24th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Sure, I looked into importing pngs but couldn't be bothered at the time getting my head around it / getting it to work, so I just stuck with bmps. Honestly having a whole bunch of files floating around in open folders is also a bit lame. I'd rather get them into some package file but its not important right now.