I Don't Watch 3D Fund, But....

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
curry

Re: I Don't Watch 3D Fund, But....

Post by curry » June 20th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Hmm, it works fine on my computer...
I may have lost my original account to a half drunk chili, but i'm still better than you, F*ck Off!

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 20th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Ok, transitioning from menu to game, it rolls or scans in the image. Is this a debug version? I'm guessing it's just really slow on my computer, so much so that it takes a long time to process a single frame.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 21st, 2018, 2:04 am

Ok, I'm an ID10T. After pressing Enter on Start, then you press Space Bar...DOH!

It runs just fine. Can't see any projectiles, but it runs.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

curry

Post by curry » June 21st, 2018, 5:18 am

albinopapa wrote:Ok, transitioning from menu to game, it rolls or scans in the image. Is this a debug version?
No, it’s release. That bar is there because depending on how fast your computer is, it loading in can look really screwy, and that bar makes it load in at the same speed for everyone. Hey, how do the shadows look?
I may have lost my original account to a half drunk chili, but i'm still better than you, F*ck Off!

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 21st, 2018, 5:43 am

Didn't even notice them until you said something. Cool enough though. How are they cast?

curry

Post by curry » June 21st, 2018, 6:07 am

You choose weather or not a triangle has a shadow, of it does, then the bottom two points stay the same, but it then cast a line from the bottom left point of the triangle and a huge ass yellow circle drawn at the bottom right, and that determines where the last point goes. There is also a parameter for the height so it knows how far to cast the last point out from the triangles origin. This is part of the back alley algorithm I told you about.

curry

Post by curry » June 21st, 2018, 6:13 am

Oh, and it uses the translucent sprit code to determine the density and color of the shadow. And there are no projectiles. I stoped working on it because I haven’t slept because I am a lookout for the house cause my ex-step-father or his sister wrote fuck you on the road and I am the only “man” here. Hence why I’ve been posting so late.

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 21st, 2018, 7:51 am

Dang dude, time for a restraining order. Good luck.

curry

Post by curry » June 21st, 2018, 8:54 am

It’s fucking snowing here. You heard me, snowing. I tried to add a video, but half the screen went white and froze.
Attachments
7C7A0DD0-490E-45B5-9EB5-DA28C1641E5C.jpeg
(2.98 MiB) Not downloaded yet

curry

Post by curry » June 21st, 2018, 9:07 am