I Don't Watch 3D Fund, But....

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
curry

Re: I Don't Watch 3D Fund, But....

Post by curry » June 15th, 2018, 6:54 am

Alright, shits going great. I got some things that do other things, and a thingy magiger that does stuff.
No really, I hit up my back alley guy, and got some shading(ish) stuff. What it does is similar to how chili did the translucent sprite, but it has a chroma, so it only affects the pixels I want it too, this is especially visible on the ships.
Attachments
Dick_butt_man.zip
hi
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 165 times
I may have lost my original account to a half drunk chili, but i'm still better than you, F*ck Off!

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 15th, 2018, 8:19 am

Something looks off with the two fins on the back, they appear as though they rotate as you move left and right faster than the rest of the ship. It could just be the angle they are affixed to the ship, like an optical illusion. Still, looking good.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 15th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Dick butt?

you have my attention
Chili

curry

Post by curry » June 15th, 2018, 3:52 pm

chili wrote:Dick butt?

you have my attention
No, no, no chili Dick Butt MAN...
Attachments
Dick_butt_man.png
(100.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I may have lost my original account to a half drunk chili, but i'm still better than you, F*ck Off!

curry

Post by curry » June 15th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Oh, yes the ships are crashing into the earth Kamikaze style.

curry

Post by curry » June 15th, 2018, 6:26 pm

albinopapa wrote:Something looks off with the two fins on the back, they appear as though they rotate as you move left and right faster than the rest of the ship. It could just be the angle they are affixed to the ship, like an optical illusion. Still, looking good.
I see what you mean, I know why that's happening. The fins are mounted on to specific points of the ship. When you move, the whole ship stretches to give it the affect of being looked at from a different perspective, and the fins are stuck to that point as it stretches. Or, it could be that I just can't do 3D... Update: PLAYABLE! (but not done) It still needs animation, a menu, levels, and an objective. Nut you can move and shoot stuff with space. None of the sprites are official. Where ever the nose of the ship is pointed is where you shoot (obvy).
Attachments
I'm running out of funny names.zip
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 172 times

curry

Post by curry » June 20th, 2018, 6:46 am

Alright, sorry i haven't been updating, but the game is completely different than you remember. Arrow keys, and enter to select stuff.
Attachments
totally an original game.zip
You don't know me
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 167 times

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 20th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Doesn't move for me when I press arrow keys.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

curry

Post by curry » June 20th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Move the arrow keys up and down to control your selector thing. Quick enter to select, and space to begin the level. Then the earth wash down 90 miles an hour in the stars will start moving.

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 20th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Nope, all I get is a still image with CPU usage at 40% like it's doing something. The menu worked just fine though.