reboot???

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
spetsnaz1986

reboot???

Post by spetsnaz1986 » July 10th, 2016, 10:16 am

Dear chili community,

so i have been aware of this channel for a while. many years ago i did play around with C++ and DX for a bit but could never quite manager to master it all.

i would like to ask:

1) is chili doing the beginner's tutorials reboot?
2) are each of the tutorials going to be several hours long? (last time that kind of prevented me from watching those vids, just didnt have time)

Peregrin_Tuk

Re: reboot???

Post by Peregrin_Tuk » July 10th, 2016, 3:30 pm

You should check his YouTube's channel... and read the forum...

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » July 10th, 2016, 4:45 pm

yea ...
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 10th, 2016, 7:44 pm

spetsnaz1986 wrote:Dear chili community,

so i have been aware of this channel for a while. many years ago i did play around with C++ and DX for a bit but could never quite manager to master it all.

i would like to ask:

1) is chili doing the beginner's tutorials reboot?
2) are each of the tutorials going to be several hours long? (last time that kind of prevented me from watching those vids, just didnt have time)

He hasn't uploaded anything on the reboot as of yet, but if you don't have the time to watch the video in one sitting, then you can always pick up where you left off. I think Chili tries to be very thorough in some of his beginner through advanced lessons, so it's nice that the videos aren't short or else, one they wouldn't be chili or two they would be harder to understand the concepts behind the code.

To me I hate the videos that cover one topic in 5-10 minutes, then end the video.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

cyboryxmen

Post by cyboryxmen » July 10th, 2016, 10:55 pm

spetsnaz1986 wrote: 2) are each of the tutorials going to be several hours long? (last time that kind of prevented me from watching those vids, just didnt have time)
x2 speed playback. You're welcome.
Zekilk

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 11th, 2016, 3:24 am

Yeah, I'm doing the reboot series. My goal is to start uploading before the end of July.

I do plan on keeping the lessons shorter in the new series, and I'm also cutting out some content to make the journey to 3D a little faster, but like papa says, 5 to 10 minute videos are not going to happen. My tentative goals are 15-30 minute videos for the first 10 or so episodes, and then a little longer as the topics get more complex. I'm going to try and keep the longer stuff to around 1 hour though. No more 2+ hour videos.
Chili

spetsnaz1986

Post by spetsnaz1986 » July 11th, 2016, 10:42 pm

thank you for the prompt replies.

I look forward to joining in with Chili when he starts his new series.

I kind of miss the whole messing around with code and going on forums. its all so 2000s.

RemoveKebab

Post by RemoveKebab » August 2nd, 2016, 2:29 am

I always watch the videos on x2 speed.The new reboot series is great and well designed, but it will never be as funny as the legacy series! long live Chili
"NCWAC" - Never code without a condom