Logisim Circuits

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
viruskiller

Re: Logisim Circuits

Post by viruskiller » July 4th, 2016, 7:46 pm

well as you might have figured it out already I'm trying to fiddle with the clock signal because i can't think of a way to do it in 1 clock signal:), well at least what i need to do in 1 clock signal is to add 3 to the 4 bites shifted if they're combined value is higher than 4,i think it is possible, but i just need to learn more about signal propagation.
Like the clock triggers the shift on rising edge, after that the compare is done instantly, then the add can be done instantly, what i need is an isolated signal to go into clock and load port of register at same time which is hard to do in a reasonable amount of cycles, because every logic gate adds a delay and i have no idea how logisim clock works, like how many buffer delays it takes for a clock and so on.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 5th, 2016, 2:14 am

All you need to do is take the value of the comparison with 4 and use it as a selector in a multiplexer. The two inputs to the multiplexer are the value with 3 added and the value without 3 added. There are other ways of course, but that is a straight-forward one.
Chili

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 5th, 2016, 5:08 pm

that seems like a good way to do it, so good in fact it doesn't even need a shift register or a clock signal:D .
if i think of it this was the process i thought of in the first place, just couldn't put it in practice, guess i choose the wrong pieces for it:)

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 5th, 2016, 6:34 pm

BCD Logic.zip
bcd
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
AAAAAND !!!(Drumrolls)

TADA!! it's done!, took a bit of reading the wikipedia, and the link Chili provided, combine the two and i got a working display for any(Unsigned) 8 bit value:D

the same principle apply for higher values, all you have to do is add a new block for every new bit and also a new block for every left over bit.
anyway as always Chili pointed me in the right way so big thanks to him:D!\

damn it, i thought i put it up:/, forgot only .zip can be uploaded:D
BCD Logic.zip
bcd
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Last edited by viruskiller on July 6th, 2016, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 6th, 2016, 12:04 am

Congrats man! Logisim file? : )
Chili

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 6th, 2016, 11:14 am

It was all messed up when I opened the file, but after fixing the weirdness it worked. Congrats man, feels good don't it? :)
Chili

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 6th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Thanks! , and yes it feels good!thinking to restart on that Tetris inside minecraft project i wanted to do before:D, although first i'ma keep watching the series and make a working computer inside logisim to get the hang of it:).

justjack

Post by justjack » February 13th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Hi Chili/Regs

Can you do a stream on branching, personally I couldn't figure out how to get jump if equal down to less than a 3 clock instruction but then again it might just be my brain melting.

Thanks for your tutorials so far, every other resource I've found hasn't really described things in such an easy to understand format. They all tend to generalise and not really show examples so kudos for that.

I don't think i'll be lost without it or something but it's always nice to have a different point of view.

Thanks

1cedi

Post by 1cedi » November 29th, 2019, 7:33 am

Hello chili can u grant me access to the spreadsheet file :| :|

andred

Post by andred » December 3rd, 2019, 11:02 am

Cool stuff