Interaction animation

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Psychoman

Interaction animation

Post by Psychoman » August 15th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Hello , I'd like to know how can make an interaction character with the "world".I know some stuff in 3D Max , so I can make animation there ,but how can input that stuff into code( I'm at the beginning of interm. lesson 7,so I don't know if that stuff will be in some lessons ) ?

albinopapa

Re: Interaction animation

Post by albinopapa » August 15th, 2013, 2:59 pm

If you had a program to load BVH files or DAE collada files, then depending on if you want frame animations kind of like a 3D version of 2D animation where you just record the vertex positions for each frame and then render, or bone animation where you record joint angle rotations and have the computer calculate position then render.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Psychoman

Post by Psychoman » August 15th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Ok, I'll change the question a little bit , how can I deal with animation using DX, just some other way then chilli did with walking dude, when you have 1 sprite (illustration or stuff) and you want to do animation?

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » August 15th, 2013, 7:55 pm

well for 3D you would have to deal with the WVP matrices (world-view-projection)

you would create the projection matrix at program start (only purpose is to convert all the 3D calculations into 2D image)
then you'd create and modify the view matrix (which is the camera) everytime the camera changes (may it be 1st-person or 3rd-person :P)
then you'd create and edit the world matrix for each object in the "world" and the last object to be rendered into the world would be the character (or player) and it would be then when you handle the "interaction" and animation :P

edit: well thinking about it, with the depth calculations involved in 3D the player doesn't necessarily have to be the last "object" to be rendered into the world lol :)
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

Psychoman

Post by Psychoman » August 15th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Ok , where can I find this stuff ?)Cause your explanation made me nervous) ( just gets me a feeling that i'm hole bunch of poo's and the light in the end of the tunnel is 1 km far ( or more ) ).

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » August 15th, 2013, 9:05 pm

:lol: well xD, in DirectX there's the D3DXMATRIX structures, the D3DXMatrix** functions and macros and {D3D device variable}->SetTransform (with param 1 set as either D3DTS_PROJECTION, _VIEW or _WORLD) to set them :P (dam technical stuff, lol poos, light 1km end of tunnel xD)

edit: i've always had trouble with setting them up properly :/
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --