I'm not dead yet!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

I'm not dead yet!

Post by chili » July 8th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Salutations dudes! It is I, the Chili one. I would just like to say that reports of my untimely demise are highly exaggerated. The Chili will rise again!

Actually, things have been a little crazy for me for the last 6 months or so, but I think I'm ready to get back into making tutorials. I'm taking a trip to Paris and Rome next week, but after I get back and things settle down, I really want to get another video made.

Part of the reason why I refuse to take donations or even enable ads on my videos is that I don't want to feel obligated to do this stuff. The tutorials are a kind of leisure activity for me, and the moment they start feeling like a job is the moment when I will in all likelihood lose my motivation to continue. That being said, I still can't avoid feeling bad about neglecting Planet Chili and the community here over the last half year. I guess that's part of why I haven't been active on the forums either. I used to really enjoy reading all the posts and dispensing nuggets of wisdom whenever I could, but the feeling of letting down my audience just got too much to handle, so I ended up avoiding the forums until I was ready to pick up where I left off again. (Man, these sentences have way to many "I"s and it's starting to piss me off.)

Anyway, enough of this touchy-feely shit. We will finish the stickman platformer. We will tackle 3D graphics. We will conquer hardware acceleration. Believe in the power of foul language and atrocious keyboarding skills.

Thanks to those of you who have stuck around in the community for all this time I've been absent. I can't wait to catch up with you guys in a couple of weeks after I get back from Europe, and also to meet all the new boardies who have joined up in my absence.

Keep it real and see you guys in a bit.
Chili

Freeman

Re: I'm not dead yet!

Post by Freeman » July 8th, 2013, 2:23 pm

chillis back, fuck yeah! welcome back dude

nG Inverse

Post by nG Inverse » July 8th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Welcome back!

Sincerely,
The "creepy stalker type".

;)
Last edited by nG Inverse on July 8th, 2013, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuX

Post by LuX » July 8th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Yea welcome back again.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Mrgunfunfun

Post by Mrgunfunfun » July 8th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Just started a few weeks ago and I am so glad these tutorials will continue. You are helping me so much and I thank you for that. You kick ass Chili!

Natories

Post by Natories » July 8th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Welcome back Chili!
We patiently, or not, await your instruction! lol
Seriously though, glad to have you lurking again! :-)

dipsht131

Post by dipsht131 » July 8th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Welcome back! Nice to hear you're still kicking!

cameron

Post by cameron » July 8th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Welcome back. By hardware acceleration does that mean graphics pipeline?
Computer too slow? Consider running a VM on your toaster.

zaqrabbit

Post by zaqrabbit » July 8th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Hey chilli. I started your tutorials early this year(2013) and recently began the intermediate series. I want to say thanks for the amazing stuff you are putting out and welcome back!

Syncan

Post by Syncan » July 8th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Welcome back Chili :)
You haven't hear from me because I visit this fantastic forum+tutorials for only six weeks or so.
But still, I am happy with your post as if I know you already quite some time ;)
I was just about to learn about intermediate tutorials, so you are just in time for new tutorials J/K :D
I love your humor during the tutorials and of course your way of learning us things.