Problem with the program (Framework thingy) at lesson 5

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
DreamBliss

Re: Problem with the program (Framework thingy) at lesson 5

Post by DreamBliss » May 17th, 2013, 12:24 am

OK it sounds like you are running into the Windows 7/8 issues as others have posted about here.

First thing to do is to install the first service pack for Visual Studio 2010 express. See if that fixes the issue.

Next thing is to set it up to work in compatibility mode. I will try to link this thread to others where this is discussed. I am not using Windows 7 so I can't give step-by-step instructions.

I will try to return to this thread with some links soon...

OK, assuming installing the service pack did not fix it, or that you already had it installed, here are some links. See if anything here is relevant. The problem right now is I need more specific information in order to help you. Specific error messages, exactly what you were doing when it crashed, your install procedure, etc. For now I can only provide things that may help:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 75f8eb5a50
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3446 ... error-1935
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3407 ... repeatedly
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStud ... -kb2533552
You create reality in your mind,
Before experiencing it as reality,
So if you want to change something,
First change what you think about it.

CreZZe

Post by CreZZe » May 22nd, 2013, 1:15 pm

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3407 ... repeatedly
That one is most like my problem. When im editing codes etc, my Visual C++ crashes. ALL THE TIME!
I dont know how to the any error message.

CreZZe

Post by CreZZe » June 5th, 2013, 12:21 pm

I still got problem with this, hope someone can help me soon. :|
Tell me what you need for information, will try to get it for you so you can help me. :]

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » June 7th, 2013, 12:03 am

have you tried any of the solutions they give on that page? :)
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

CreZZe

Post by CreZZe » June 7th, 2013, 1:08 pm

I doesnt even understand them.
Ex..How to start in Safe mode. Type in "Devenv.exe /SafeMode". But where?

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » June 7th, 2013, 9:57 pm

you would type that into the commandline (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command prompt)
just type in "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv" (quotes included) if just typing in devenv doesn't work :)
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

CreZZe

Post by CreZZe » June 10th, 2013, 5:45 am

I wrote that in the command box but it didnt work. I tried to write other things too but didnt work either.

Picture - http://piclair.com/xew73
After each " "%Program(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv" " it was a message saying "Det går inte att hitta sökvägen"
Translation - Cant find the path.

Hope you can help me. :S

Not 100% fluent english here. :}

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » June 10th, 2013, 9:48 pm

you actually input the line wrong
("%Program(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv", should be %ProgramFiles(x86)% :P, use %ProgramFiles% if you have 32bit OS tho)

CreZZe

Post by CreZZe » June 11th, 2013, 5:34 am

I did that in the middle of the picture. But then the program said;
"C:\Program......är inte ett internt kommando, externt kommando, program eller kommandofil."
Translation with Google Translate : "C\Program.......is not an internal command, external command, program or batch file."

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » June 11th, 2013, 6:31 am

hmm, maybe the file path for visual studio 2010 express is different, not sure if it is tho since what i have is visual studio 2010 ultimate o.o