I love these video tutorials

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
krutin86

I love these video tutorials

Post by krutin86 » March 8th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Hey yall, I'm Krutin. I've started these tutorials about a week ago and absolutely love them. So far they seemed to be aimed towards people who've never compiled a program before but I already know programming concepts, however, I had never done anything with graphics and/or APIs(?) like DirectX and OpenGL so these tutorials are great learning tools.

Now, I have some (frequently asked) questions:

1) Where is Chili? Is he coming back? Will he do more tutorials? I WANT MY CHILI!

2) Does anyone here know of any other good/great (video) tutorials for 3D graphics and game development that are easy to follow?

PutPixel255

Re: I love these video tutorials

Post by PutPixel255 » March 12th, 2013, 6:48 am

You can find Chili at Skyline's in Louisville. Taste good with cheddar and crackers and they even have a bathroom so you can poop it out later;

G :shock: gle is your friend can't stress it enough. Search BenWells3D for some older DirectX videos.

albinopapa

Re: I love these video tutorials

Post by albinopapa » March 12th, 2013, 6:59 am

We all want us some Chili...hehe.

I wonder if he is working on the platformer and working out how he is going to turn it in to a lesson. In most of his Intermediate videos he seems wishy-washy. On one hand he seemed to get frustrated about being asked about the framework and after those videos he said he had some things he needed worked out before continuing with the lessons (rotoscoping, programming something to help him with that, he might be gathering sound files, artwork and he seemed pretty interested in the Finite State Machine stuff maybe he is brushing up on it.

Whatever the case, I'm sure as long as we are still active on the forum when he returns he will be motivated to keep going.

I haven't found anything as good as chili's videos, but youtube has quite a few programming tutorials if you search them out. Most are just basic c++ not really game oriented, but to tell the truth it shouldn't make too much difference because chili has provided most of the tutorials for his framework and after messing around with it for about 6 months - the last 2 months putting it off, it's the same thing. You use what you learn about c++ for the syntax and then you learn how to interact with your video card using D3D with chili's videos.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com