Sound creation issue

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
codinitup

Sound creation issue

Post by codinitup » July 13th, 2012, 5:02 am

Hey Chili and others, I have made an update to my Pong game, and it doesn't work right. It's supposed to play a sound when the paddles hit. I didn't want to use either of the sound files that chili had in the folder, so I found a file that I did like, added it to the Chili DirectX Framework folder. I created the sound properly,

Code: Select all

ping = audio.CreateSound();
and I also used it properly,

ping.Play();
but for some reason it gives me this error that I can't really debug by myself, and it points to this line of code.

// Test the buffer format against the direct sound 8 interface and create the secondary buffer.
	result = tempBuffer->QueryInterface( IID_IDirectSoundBuffer8,(void**)&pSecondaryBuffer );
	assert( !FAILED( result ) );
I also uploaded the file so you guys can take a look at it for yourself. I thought that the file that I was using might be too big or something, but I'm mostly likely wrong
Attachments
Pong.zip
(190.25 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
MOOOOOO

LuX

Re: Sound creation issue

Post by LuX » July 13th, 2012, 9:46 am

You have the same problem I had. The file you are using is most likely broken or corrupt.

What did you use to convert it, or was the file wav to begin with?
If it's a mp3 file, use this converter: http://www.mp3cutter.in/convert/mp3-to-wav/ I used freestudio myself but that one didn't work properly.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

codinitup

Post by codinitup » July 13th, 2012, 10:10 am

Oh thanks, I just changed the file exstension. I should have known that wasn't really converting it lol. thanks again LuX!
MOOOOOO

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 13th, 2012, 2:15 pm

codinitup wrote:Oh thanks, I just changed the file exstension.
I lol'd :lol:
Chili