Poo Muncher Elite

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
codinitup

Poo Muncher Elite

Post by codinitup » July 1st, 2012, 5:20 am

Well I have done it. After a few days of work, I have made a poo game. I found it to be very challenging as there is more than one item to collect. Also because you can get up to 30 poo before the game ends. I haven't even beat it yet. You guys are more than welcome to try! Give me some tips too, anything helps :D
Attachments
MyGame.zip
(42.28 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Last edited by codinitup on July 1st, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOOOOOO

viruskiller

Re: Poo Muncher Elite

Post by viruskiller » July 1st, 2012, 11:01 am

has any1 else tryed this game?or is just my compiler retarded?
the player moves only left and up or right and down at same time,can't move just up or down
altough i looked trough his code and it should work normaly:/

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 1st, 2012, 11:10 am

nvm what i've said before,it seems your draw circle function contained a bug,also i think u uploaded a wrong version of your game,this one has no 30 poo's or any object to collect:)

codinitup

Post by codinitup » July 1st, 2012, 8:28 pm

Ooops lol I'm gunna change that now
MOOOOOO

LuX

Post by LuX » July 1st, 2012, 9:20 pm

Cool.

I would take another look at your collision code... It doesn't really work that well. You for example take the player location from the wrong point and seem to ignore the players size change in collision, so even if you're a tiny pixel you still will get caught, while the enemy is "far" away. You might even want to use a completely different code for that : -P

I also experienced an enemy getting stuck on the left wall, so you might want to add some exception code, where if an enemy is on 0 he will move out to be clear, or simply take 0 in as well.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

codinitup

Post by codinitup » July 1st, 2012, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the collision, I hadn't even noticed the tiny pixel collision issue. I re-watched some of his videos and I found that I should be using the circle collision method, instead of the bounding box collision. I believe that will fix the issue. I'll be fixing those errors soon, and also implementing scrolling, for some added fun and complexity. :D
MOOOOOO

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 2nd, 2012, 2:26 pm

Good luck on implementing scrolling. It's a good challenge to sharpen your coding skills on.
Chili