Hello, I'm a noob

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Faoba

Hello, I'm a noob

Post by Faoba » May 20th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Hi, my names is Fabio, i'm from Italy, and i finally decided to start programming with Chili, yeah.

I've been playing RPGs (tabletop and video) since i was 6, designing them by myself, writing them down with a pencil and using dice, cause i've always been pretty ''creative'', and now i feel like it should be very intersting to begin and try to programming them.

so... that's it. I started out. yeah.

I want say ''thank you'' to chili, with my terrible english, for what he's doing, in general, for us.
I love the videos, and i'm somehow learing so fast that i'm starting really to feel confortable with c++, that 2 days ago was something totally alien to me.

that's all. I hope you guys can help me in the future, and i hope i'll be able to help someone in the future-future...

Uh!
I've a problem, a strange one:
for some reason, in my VIsual 2010 the x and y are kinda different.
My 0 for x is 400, and my middle for x is 600, max is 800...
So, when Chili write down something, i have to arrange (x,y) for programs to work.

for example, if Chili says to put a pizel like

gfx.PutPixel( 400 , 300, 255, 255, 255 );

I have to arrange it like

gfx.PutPixel( 600, 300, 255, 255, 255 );

it's 600 cause my middle of the screen is 600.

[400_____600_____800]

btw, Y works good.

So, if you have some explanations for that i'll be very very happy, if not, amen, i'll keep fixing that in my way.
In any case, i'm being able to move on with lessons even like this.

bye

chili
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I'm a noob

Post by chili » May 20th, 2012, 1:58 pm

I really have no idea; that is some funky shiz bro. What make/model of video card do you have? Have you tried updating its drivers?
Chili