Hello

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
zerepleoy

Hello

Post by zerepleoy » March 17th, 2012, 5:33 am

So needless to say, I'm new here. Usually I wouldn't bother to sign up for any random forum, for the sake of my own sanity, but Chili, you're just too awesome not to support :P. I don't know what my introduction should consist of... I have "dabbling experience" in C++ of course, as well as PHP and JavaScript, and I wonder if it counts, but I'm fairly proficient in HTML and CSS... sometimes... any-who... Past C++ tutorials and lessons have never been able to hold my interest for long enough for me to get anything out of it, but I legitimately do appreciate your lessons Chili. I've learned quite a lot from you and feel good about the fact that you're involving me in something more than creating a program that calculates taxes, or prints "Hello World" to the screen... basics, I know... but with the way my brain works, I can never gather the patience to work past that :P.

In terms of my forum history... well... it's a bit iffy... stirs up bad memories and all.. not important to bring up really... and I won't, BUT... I spent a decent amount of my 17-20 years of age (or so) playing an online browser game, which shall rename nameless, and probably never referred to again, but the point is that they had forums there. One's in which I was extremely active in, and would even go so far as to say one's in where I was practically the largest driving force behind those forums having the amount of activity that they did. I can't say I'll be able to do the same here, but hopefully when I'm allowed to send PM's on here, I'll send you a nice layout plan for these forums if you're interested Chili. I have a whole ton of experience with that, considering [nerd]I ran several clans in the previously mentioned game, and was part of several others[/nerd], in which I was responsible for creating a fluid, useful, entertaining forum layout. So anyway... IRL I'm not one to talk too much or really give 2 craps about anything either, but when I do choose to talk, I really have to drive the point home I guess. So... hello!

zerepleoy

Re: Hello

Post by zerepleoy » March 17th, 2012, 5:35 am

I should mention... If I'm coming off as an arrogant idiot, who want's to come in and "be some sort of savior" or something, I'm not. I just genuinely appreciate what you do, and wanted to introduce my self in the most efficient way possible, while offering my assistance in something I feel I have a decent grasp on. Um.. yeah...

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 18th, 2012, 4:46 am

Hey bro, welcome aboard!

Any help with the forum would be appreciated because it's not something I'm especially familiar with and because it frees up more time for me to make new tutorials. :)

Cheers!
Chili

zerepleoy

Post by zerepleoy » March 18th, 2012, 6:25 am

Alright Chili. Well. It's something I'd be interested in taking on then in that case! Perhaps when I wake up tomorrow... or maybe the next day xD. Although I have a pretty good plan in my head, perhaps if you could give a rough idea of the types of things you'd like to see in them. I could state my immediate ideas, but it's so late that I'd rather not bring them up if I'm too tired to realize how awful they are :P.

zerepleoy

Post by zerepleoy » March 19th, 2012, 2:49 am

Ok, so. I have a headache, but I came up with this in a few minutes :P. Plenty of room for improvement I know, but your input will help with that.

Welcome (Introduce yourself, and get aquainted with the way things work.)
- Rules & Introduction [locked, stickied]
Tutorials (Chili Tutorials, Community tips/tutorials)
- Chili C++ Vids [locked, stickied] (Embedded youtube videos, including files. Feel free to ask vid related questions here)
Questions and Support (Working on a project, running into troubles? Got any other random question?)
General Discussion (Whatever the hell you want to talk about)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 27th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Thanks for the input bro! I think I'll wait until there is a bit more traffic before I divide the forum up into sections, but the idea of putting all the lesson downloads in one stickied topic is gold! I've already done it :)
Chili

zerepleoy

Post by zerepleoy » April 2nd, 2012, 3:51 am

good, good! glad I could be of at least a little bit of help! I'm not gonna be of much use for the important things, like programming, good thing you've got that covered, but if you ever need favors, I'll most likely be willing to give it a shot!

If you dont get me here fast, try

youtube/zerepleoy
youtube/fauxrealgamers
or twitter@fauxrealgamers

for the time being, that's prob the quickest way to get my attention :P