A book...that might help you!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Spaceol

Re: A book...that might help you!

Post by Spaceol » April 25th, 2012, 7:37 am

Hey guys,

I am currently reading Thinking in C++ V1+V2
maybe not the easiest way to learn C++ but its good and well structered and has a high reputation among "experts"..
another advantage: its actually free just google it...

:geek:

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 25th, 2012, 10:46 am

Seems like a reputable publication. Maybe I'll use it as a guide when I start teaching actual C++.

Here's what I'm reading on the train: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach

Basically it is THE book to read if you are interested in artificial intelligence (and if you're a game programmer, you should interested in artificial intelligence).
Chili

Dlotan

Post by Dlotan » April 25th, 2012, 5:51 pm

chili wrote:Seems like a reputable publication. Maybe I'll use it as a guide when I start teaching actual C++.

Here's what I'm reading on the train: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach

Basically it is THE book to read if you are interested in artificial intelligence (and if you're a game programmer, you should interested in artificial intelligence).
oh lawd.... i had to read parts of this in 12th grade for a special lesson in school. We did a chess computer using parts of the ideas of this book... but i guess it was an older version of the book

Voxavs

Post by Voxavs » April 25th, 2012, 9:08 pm

chili wrote:Seems like a reputable publication. Maybe I'll use it as a guide when I start teaching actual C++.

Thank God , we have it in Russian. Grinding through it in English might be a pain. Didn't have any problems with other C++ books though, maybe the reason is that the first chapters are relatively easy.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 26th, 2012, 3:54 am

Yeah, the first few chapters are light reading, but it gets heavier after that. I think it was written primarily for use in graduate-level courses, so it sort of assumes some familiarity with things like set theory, graph theory, etc.
Chili