I want to clean my code so i can post it

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
LittleDude

I want to clean my code so i can post it

Post by LittleDude » February 23rd, 2018, 7:25 pm

Greetings, fellow humans!

I am currently at video 14 (Snake), i saw it and i decided to make it on my own but i have encountered a problem with the constructor... it doesn't seem like he wants to cooperate with me. I want to post the code for you guys but the file has 334 mb. Is there anything i can delete to make it more efficient? (tried using that bat of the old framework but doesn't do much)

albinopapa

Re: I want to clean my code so i can post it

Post by albinopapa » February 24th, 2018, 8:48 am

You only need the Engine folder with all the .h/.cpp files and the .vcxproj file and the main folder with the .sln file, the rest is noise.

It's easier to delete the /vs, /Debug,/x64 or /Release folders from within the main folder and any folders within the Engine folder ( with the exception of any assets folders like images and sounds and if the framework you have has the XAudio folder, you can keep that as well ).

One way also would be to just create a github.com account and upload the project there, and post the link here to your repository.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » February 24th, 2018, 8:51 am

One of the nice things about the GitHub route is if you do have images and sounds that you add to the repo, they only have to downloaded once and redownloaded only if you change them, like a work in progress image or sound file.

If you end up with a crap ton of garbage files in your repo and it's still very large, you can add/edit the .gitignore file in the solution folder to ignore any files, file extensions and folders. This will keep them from being tracked.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

LittleDude

Post by LittleDude » February 24th, 2018, 9:21 am

I'll learn more about github in the next tutorial :D thanks for your info