problem solving = MIND BLOWING (I 12)

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
eyad

problem solving = MIND BLOWING (I 12)

Post by eyad » October 4th, 2017, 1:21 pm

in response to the last words in Intermediate 12 tutorial:
actually those skills are quite valuable. using only chili's tutorials i applied for a job that needs c++ developer and i was really impressed about how i did well, considering its my first time getting a job interview :)

the interview was about making 3 projects -in a time span- which is mainly about graphics (using any programming language)
*the first was creating an animation that draws an ellipse on the screen
*second was to visualize the bubble sort algorithm (as long moving bars)
* third was to make a snake game ;)

that's phase 1, phase 2 was about doing some mathematical tasks using ONLY JAVA language
the interview was done in 3 days (it took me 6 hours in every day :lol: )

eventually, when i finished it, we -interviewees- learned that total number of applicants were ~100 and only 12 lasted to the end (including me) . then it Surprised me to know that i was the top among those 12.

when i finished i thought that by learning the math topics that chili used in his tutorials my skills increased thus leading to that result, then watching intermediate 12 and him talking about problem solving, oh well that was MIND Blowing. yea it was that all along!

so i'm here to say Thank you for your precious tutorials and all the time you took to produce/make it. i'm really grateful, and i think that applies for most of the other members as well.

keep it up. :mrgreen:

============
notes:
* that all happened in Aug-10-2017 and by that time i had watched all of the old series + episodes 1~8 HUGS series (yea i didn't watch the new one)

* when they asked me to do the snake , i decided to use some parts of the chili snake game but i hadn't really watched the videos before, so i was really paranoid about what i will get when i compile and run chili's snek. cause you know Chili's sprites are more awesome than what the Average work environment can handle :lol:

* i didn't work there even after i surpassed every one :|

* i'm from egypt -Don't know if that is relevant-

* i'm now computer science graduate (just graduate tho, no more :lol: )

chili
Site Admin

Re: problem solving = MIND BLOWING (I 12)

Post by chili » October 4th, 2017, 1:45 pm

My name is Chili and I endorse this post. It fills me with pride boners.

Congratulations on doing so well on your interview bro! Shame you didn't get the job, seems kinda dumb : / Better luck next time!

Seems weird that they're looking for a C++ dev and they do the interview in Java, don't it? :)
Chili

eyad

Post by eyad » October 4th, 2017, 1:56 pm

it's either that they are testing the interviewee ability to jump between languages thus knowing that he knows the general concepts of programming -or any other so deep and weired reason-

or simply because the second interviewer know nothing but JAVA :lol:

=====
they didn't give me the job because i were the only one who isn't a graduate at the time of interview :lol:

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » October 4th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Damn, couldn't even wait a month or two.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

eyad

Post by eyad » October 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm

albinopapa wrote:Damn, couldn't even wait a month or two.
don't know if you mean me or them by that ^ :?:

but, i would like to clarify that i finished there interview 20 days before my graduation (already told them that)

and they replied "we will be waiting you when you graduate" -looks like they didn't mean it tho :? -

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » October 4th, 2017, 5:57 pm

eyad wrote:
albinopapa wrote:Damn, couldn't even wait a month or two.
don't know if you mean me or them by that ^ :?:

but, i would like to clarify that i finished there interview 20 days before my graduation (already told them that)

and they replied "we will be waiting you when you graduate" -looks like they didn't mean it tho :? -
Yeah, I meant them, such a shame. Good luck for the future though.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Florian3321

Post by Florian3321 » October 4th, 2017, 7:48 pm

First interview and you performed so well, and then they dont take you... What a company :lol:
But probs to you!!
And as you has mentioned already, I also am really happy to have your tuts, Chili!! ;)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 5th, 2017, 4:20 am

Florian3321 wrote:First interview and you performed so well, and then they dont take you... What a company :lol:
But probs to you!!
And as you has mentioned already, I also am really happy to have your tuts, Chili!! ;)
Hey bro, long time no post. Good to see ya still kickin around ;)
Chili