Toggle Fullscreen without ALT+RETURN

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
neo

Toggle Fullscreen without ALT+RETURN

Post by neo » September 6th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Hi guys,

I saw some of you managed to toggle their games fullscreen mode with a costum key like F11.

Can someone help me how to implement that? What is the command to throw at the standart chili framework?

thanks ! ;)
Amstrad CPC 464 Masterrace (+greenscreen)

chili
Site Admin

Re: Toggle Fullscreen without ALT+RETURN

Post by chili » September 6th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Nah, you have to modify the D3D code to get it to work properly
even if you make it so that the window can resize, the actual render buffer will still be a the default resolution (currently 800x600). You need to handle resize / fullscreen commands and then reallocate the backbuffer / flip chain to the new desired resolution. It a little bit of d3d bullshit, but not super hard. requires some msdn / stack overflow research is all.
Chili

neo

Re: Toggle Fullscreen without ALT+RETURN

Post by neo » September 6th, 2017, 3:15 pm

chili wrote:Nah, you have to modify the D3D code to get it to work properly
even if you make it so that the window can resize, the actual render buffer will still be a the default resolution (currently 800x600). You need to handle resize / fullscreen commands and then reallocate the backbuffer / flip chain to the new desired resolution. It a little bit of d3d bullshit, but not super hard. requires some msdn / stack overflow research is all.
I see, thanks for your reply man.
I modified the framework to match my screen resolution 1920x1080 and working with ALT+RETURN to enter the fullscreen mode ... sticking to that for now I guess ;)
I saw pixels beeing smoothed when working with 800x600 on my screenresolution in fullscreen and so on, so I modified it to my screenres.... works for now but obviously only on my systems settings...
Amstrad CPC 464 Masterrace (+greenscreen)