Simple Tower Defense Prototype

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Manieknr1

Simple Tower Defense Prototype

Post by Manieknr1 » July 23rd, 2017, 9:47 am

It is not finished yet of course, but lately i spend most of my days at work, and it is gonna be like this for some time which makes the progress incredibly slow, so i guess i will throw that shit at you so it could get some fresh air instead of rotting in the depths of my HDD most of it's life. Enjoy! (you really nedd to be some kind of pervert to enjoy this):

https://github.com/Manieknr1/TowerDefense

Rar File: https://ufile.io/clups

Edit: I've fixed some major gamebreaking bug, so if your turrets got stucked, you may want to visit github again

Ps. Based on VS 2015 and SFML
Last edited by Manieknr1 on July 24th, 2017, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyboryxmen

Re: Simple Tower Defense Prototype

Post by cyboryxmen » July 24th, 2017, 9:40 am

The ballista is just outright more powerful than the bomber. Although the bomber might be able to one shot enemies, its slow re-fire rate plus limited range usually means that enemies will escape it before it has the chance to shoot. Ballistas are cheaper too so you can just spam those and win through attrition. I really suggest you increase the range of the bomber to make it more useful or make a tower that slows down enemies to synergize with the bomber.
Zekilk

Pindrought

Post by Pindrought » July 24th, 2017, 9:56 am

Crashed when I ran it. :(

Could you upload an exe with the assets in a zip?
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.

Manieknr1

Post by Manieknr1 » July 24th, 2017, 5:46 pm

I've fixed bomber range (it was meant to be higher) it also shoots a a little bit faster, making it more valuable, but the problem with this game is that it will never be balanced without some bigger ammount of content to it (more enemies, turrets etc.), so it was truly a fucked up idea to go for something like this, but also a good lesson for future.
I wasn't really planning before I started doing, it was an effect of "programming mood", so I guess that i will have to pay the price now by taking shit on my chest or actually regularly adding some shit to it (and still take shit on my face casue it is an inseparable with being a code noob).

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 27th, 2017, 1:15 am

I need to check this out!
Chili

Zedtho

Post by Zedtho » August 14th, 2017, 8:32 am

This is what happened when I started it up. Im using VS 2015. Exception was thrown inside initEnemies(). Whenever I click on the arrow on the bottom it crashes the game.
Attachments
StoppedResponding.PNG
(1.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Manieknr1

Post by Manieknr1 » August 14th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Can you give me some more info about exception?