Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Everything

Post Posted: July 5th, 2017, 2:33 pm 

I just can't run the local debugger. it gives me an error as "Unable to start program. The system cannot find the file specified." to run any program i have to time and again built it. Please Help!!!

Post Posted: July 5th, 2017, 3:06 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4078 Someone else had the problem too... Mind if I ask, do you use Visual Studio 2017? And did you extract the chili framework file?

Post Posted: July 6th, 2017, 3:30 pm 

Hey! it's 2015 version. And yes i have extracted the framework. I was working fine. Suddenly one day, when i tried to run the program through the local debugger, it gives me error like Unable to start the program, the system can't find the path specified. I tired reinstalling the visual studio, but it didn't help.

Post Posted: July 6th, 2017, 4:03 pm 

Click on the Build menu item, then on Rebuild.
In the output window, if the rebuild succeeds, it should tell you the path where the exe file is created. If it was successful, try going to that path and opening the file directly.

I think I have gotten this when my anti-virus software quarantines the exe file after the compiler builds it.

Post Posted: July 6th, 2017, 4:51 pm 

Thank you!! I am new to programming. When i built the program, it compiles and runs. But to run the program i always need to built it. The local Windows just won't work, and i have to built the program everytime. I can't find the solution to this problem anywhere. it's been so long, and i haven't been able to progess in any of my works

Post Posted: July 6th, 2017, 9:27 pm 

Try this
unable-to-start-debugging

Make sure the project is set as the default

Board index » Everything