Simon Says Game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
albinopapa

Re: Simon Says Game

Post by albinopapa » June 28th, 2017, 5:45 am

Wow, why is there 100+ files in your solution?
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

cyboryxmen

Post by cyboryxmen » June 28th, 2017, 7:21 am

He probably forgot to setup a proper .gitignore. The repo must be filled with .obj and .log files.
Zekilk

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » June 28th, 2017, 8:03 am

That's what I'm thinking. Usually, if you create the repo in VS all those files are ignored by default.

If that is the case, copy this file into your .gitignore file and the unneeded files will be ignored.
Visual Studio .gitignore
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Zedtho

Post by Zedtho » June 28th, 2017, 8:31 am

Yeah, until now I've been doing everything externally and not via visual studio because it seemed more complicated. I'll have to watch his video on it again. Thanks for helping me finish this project!

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 1st, 2017, 5:32 am

Don't got my desktop up yet. Giv binary o_o
Chili

Zedtho

Post by Zedtho » July 1st, 2017, 4:30 pm

https://github.com/Zedtho/Simon-Says It reads the sln file as a text file :(
I'm basically having a really hard time putting it on github, again.

If you guys could tell me what log files I can delete I could do it manually, but comitting to master from visual studio isn't working for me.

Zedtho

Post by Zedtho » July 5th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Chili's told us that his graphics platform starts from the top left and the x and y go sideways and downwards the higher the x and y. My question was if that also holds true for the mouse http://wiki.planetchili.net/index.php?t ... Framework)
and if you could update that page to specify that :D

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 5th, 2017, 3:28 pm

If you start with your mouse cursor at ( 300,300 ) and move to the right by 30 pixels the mouse pointer is at ( 330,300 ). This is because the position you get from Mouse::GetPosition returns the screen coordinates of the cursor. The mouse really doesn't have it's own coordinates per se.

If you dive deeper, your input device provides an offset from the last time it was polled. Your operating system ( Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc ) adds or subtracts this offset from it's last position to come up with screen position. In order for the OS to provide the mouse position relative to the window you are using, it subtracts the window's top left corner position form the screen position of the cursor.

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 5th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Zedtho wrote:https://github.com/Zedtho/Simon-Says It reads the sln file as a text file :(
I'm basically having a really hard time putting it on github, again.

If you guys could tell me what log files I can delete I could do it manually, but comitting to master from visual studio isn't working for me.
you can delete your x64, Release and Debug folders from both your solution folder and project folder
you can delete your hidden vs folder if you have Visual Studio closed.

Open the .gitignore file in notepad, replace it's contents with the
Visual Studio .gitignore file ( highlight all text from the gitignore file on GitHub then copy and paste it into your local .gitignore file replacing all text that was there. ) You can also add the .shh file extensions to your .gitignore file since they will get rebuilt each time you rebuild your project.

Zedtho

Post by Zedtho » July 5th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Thanks a lot for answering all my questions!