4k Monitor Woes [Need Help]

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Pindrought

4k Monitor Woes [Need Help]

Post by Pindrought » May 14th, 2017, 4:34 am

So recently I got a 4k Monitor and it ended up having some issues so i'm back on my previous monitor with 1920x1080 resolution.

Here is an example of the text size I am seeing vs what I should be seeing (the proper size pic taken from another pc)

Anyone know what is going on? I know that I can go into display, and make icons/text Medium/Larger, but that is not the solution I am looking for. I'd like to stay with Small, but hooking up the 4k Monitor seems like it messed up my text size permanently. To give you another example, check out the URL text size / Window Title in this image. It just looks oddly small.

http://i.imgur.com/LiWlrAG.png

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, I would be greatly appreciative. Also, it may be worth noting that my custom text size (DPI) is set to 1.0 which is the same as it was before I had hooked up the 4k Monitor.
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.

albinopapa

Re: 4k Monitor Woes [Need Help]

Post by albinopapa » May 14th, 2017, 4:53 am

Try 125% or 150%. Or, lower the resolution :)
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Pindrought

Re: 4k Monitor Woes [Need Help]

Post by Pindrought » May 14th, 2017, 4:59 am

Found the issue. If anyone else ran into this issue, I had to change my Theme to Windows 7 Theme.

Thanks for the suggestion though, Albinopapa!
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.