tfw your school upgrades to Visual Studio 2015...

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.

albinopapa

Re: tfw your school upgrades to Visual Studio 2015...

Post by albinopapa » April 28th, 2017, 8:49 am

You troll, funny shit though...I ended up watching the entire playlist.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

cyboryxmen

Post by cyboryxmen » April 28th, 2017, 4:59 pm

• constexpr:
    That's going to be really useful especially since I use templates a lot.
  • explicit:
    That'll let me play around with conversion semantics with actual safety. I should try and experiment with that.
  • noexcept:
    I suppose that'll make my code efficient in certain places. It'll be nice for documentation too.
  • auto-generated move semantics:
    https://youtu.be/W7bmXywWus8
Zekilk

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » April 28th, 2017, 9:05 pm

constexpr is nice, though C++14/17 versions will be nicer. Hopefully VS implements the later versions soon. The C++11 version seems to be restricted when it comes to contexpr functions to one line in the function which has to be the return statement.

explicit, meh, can be helpful, but I personally rarely use it for now.

noexcept: I think VS makes all functions noexcept by default if you don't specify

auto-generated move semantics for temporaries like return values is a pretty nice feature. Not having to write std::move(obj) at the end of all your functions is nice.

Ok, your auto-generated move semantics links are just of Kinect Star Wars dance offs, is that intentional?
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com