Problems setting up sfml

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Yumtard

Problems setting up sfml

Post by Yumtard » April 6th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Hey guys,

Just watched Chilis latest vid on setting up sfml using vcpkg

Followed along all the step but once I got to testing it out by copy pasting the code from the sfml site, vs couldn't open the include files and every line had red underlines.

Anyone else had this problem?

egizz983

Re: Problems setting up sfml

Post by egizz983 » April 6th, 2017, 5:20 pm

probably missing libraries or something , if you just copy some code from SFML and paste into chili framework it wont work cuz you missing libraries , or you should make Visual studio solution with cMake , so you could see source code

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » April 6th, 2017, 6:59 pm

egizz983 wrote:probably missing libraries or something , if you just copy some code from SFML and paste into chili framework it wont work cuz you missing libraries , or you should make Visual studio solution with cMake , so you could see source code
I'm guessing you haven't watched the chili video where he goes through the vcpkg setup. By the time chili was done, all he had to do was copy/paste the test code from the sfml website to an empty project and it just worked without having to setup the VC++ Directories or Linker/Additional Dependencies.

@Yumtard, you said you followed every step, but you may have missed something. Did you do the steps for the x86 AND the x64 versions of SFML? Did you do the global integration/installation step? I haven't tried following along so I don't have any other ideas besides looking over those two things.

Try going back through the video and go through the steps again if possible, perhaps you'll see something you've missed. When you do, make sure to look for error information, like missing libraries, missing files, permissions and so on.

If it still isn't working, perhaps you'll just have to do as egizz suggested and use the SFML library directly or through Nuget.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

egizz983

Post by egizz983 » April 6th, 2017, 8:47 pm

i sow couple minutes at the beginning just to know what is SFML

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 7th, 2017, 1:11 am

Yo dawg, have you looked in the package folder and verified that the libraries are built and where they should be? That would be the first I would do.

If the integration isn't working for you, you can try one of the other methods mentioned in the vcpkg docs. What I would try is just setting the paths / linker input to point to the libs and includes where vcpkg stores them.
Chili