VS 2017 bugs

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
MrGodin

VS 2017 bugs

Post by MrGodin » March 31st, 2017, 5:27 am

Anyone else getting wonky intellisense behavior ?. It goes along fine then after a while it gives me wrong listings after i go like m_cam. (after the dot it lists all kinds of stuff unrelated to m_cam). Then when it does list items properly (after a couple tries), I select the function that i want, it highlights in blue (as it should) then i press enter and it just gives me a new line in the editor. If i selected it with the mouse, it's fine ... ugghhh
Anyone else getting this odd behavior ?
Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back

chili
Site Admin

Re: VS 2017 bugs

Post by chili » March 31st, 2017, 6:10 am

Yeah, i got that one once. For the most part, i just stick to 2015, not real sense in jumping on the 2017 bandwagon unless i'm experimenting with stuff like <optional> or <variant>.
Chili

albinopapa

Re: VS 2017 bugs

Post by albinopapa » March 31st, 2017, 8:31 am

I've had the lagging intellisense issue since VS 2015. Microsoft claims intellisense is suppose to be faster or more responsive, but VS 2013 was so much quicker. Haven't used VS 2017 enough to experience that other stuff yet.

Isn't variant suppose to be a replacement for union?
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com