The Gas Chamber Game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Manieknr1

The Gas Chamber Game

Post by Manieknr1 » March 26th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Simple game.
I tried to put this on github, but i got some problems. I will figure it out later.
The huge weight is due to title, lose, and win screens i think (MASSIVE putPixel shit).
It is too big for the forum so here is link:
http://www.filedropper.com/thegaschamber

albinopapa

Re: The Gas Chamber Game

Post by albinopapa » March 26th, 2017, 7:40 pm

I like the code layout, looks good.

Maze generation is fun to do. Nice job, you are using the Depth First Search algorithm correct? If you find any other maze generating algorithms, I'd like to see them.

The depth first search algorithm maze generation is fine, but there are few dead ends just because of the nature of the algorithm.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Manieknr1

Post by Manieknr1 » March 26th, 2017, 8:16 pm

I was struggling with making the algorithm myself, so i googled some and took the one which looked simple and i could code it myself reading only pattern. This one is called Recursive backtracker and as far as i can tell the problem with it is that the path to the end is pretty straight, it is hard to get lost. I will take a look on the other ones when i will have some time, and maybe implement them.

Multibyte

Post by Multibyte » March 26th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Nicely done. :)

Compile takes some time due to 500K+ lines of putpixel. :lol:

Manieknr1

Post by Manieknr1 » March 26th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Not my fault that my teacher doesn't yet told me how to load sprites :]

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 27th, 2017, 3:57 am

Ha, since the folder was copied into ZIP, I just opened the exe from the Debug folder. Never even tried to compile. After trying to compile Yumtard's project with all his PutPixel calls, I'll just wait for actual sprites to take their place.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 28th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Well... it took like approximates a billion years to compile, but it was all worth it for that beautiful Hitler portrait. Those colors really make his eyes pop.

Nice work on the maze generation, good programming exercise there. I'd like to explore some procedural generation ideas sometime, either in the mainline series or as a side video(s).
Chili