Episode 0

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
MilsGulang

Episode 0

Post by MilsGulang » March 1st, 2017, 9:55 pm

When i open the framework it just said "Engine (unavailable)" Please help i really want to learn c++

albinopapa

Re: Episode 0

Post by albinopapa » March 2nd, 2017, 12:26 am

How did you get the framework, through a ZIP file or through GitHib.com?
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 2nd, 2017, 1:10 am

Probably through a zip if he's watching T0.

Mils: make sure that you have extracted all the files from the zip to a folder on your computer. When you open the zip, literally the folder in the open window to your desktop, then open the folder on your desktop and work from there.
Chili

MilsGulang

Post by MilsGulang » March 2nd, 2017, 7:38 am

Hi, tnx for quick answers :). Yes from Zip file, and I unzipped all files, the files and filestructure looks exactely as in the video. I will work on this tonight again.
Do you think it has to do with me working on a fairly old PC, still it runs Win10.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » March 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am

Hmmm, that should not be an issue. Maybe post screenshots of the error message and the directory structure might help.
Chili

MilsGulang

Post by MilsGulang » March 2nd, 2017, 8:44 pm

Hi, You where right, I must have messed when unzipping the framework. Deleted all and downloaded again, unzipped, now it works, tnx again for great toturials. I am extremly impressed, also you beeing online in the Forum adds to the impression.
Br
Mils