Pong

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Yumtard

Pong

Post by Yumtard » January 24th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Sup!

After watching tutorial 8 of Chilis beginner series I took a break and spent a whole day trying to make a pong game.

I'm now on episode 13 and will update the game more and more since it's far from finished :D

https://mega.nz/#!lNNngK4I!sOoOpG2BHeqr ... t4J9qbxW7I

Link to game if anyone is interested to check it out.

Big thanks to Chili. Even though the game is super primitive I can't believe I'm already able to do shit like this after just a few days! All thanks to you, please keep the tutorials coming.

Yumtard

Re: Pong

Post by Yumtard » January 24th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Oh btw.

ENTER to start the game
Holding down space increases the speed of you racket thingy
up and down arrows to move it.
you need to hit the wall 3 times to be able to win, every time you hit it the wall changes color and the ball speeds up

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » January 25th, 2017, 3:22 am

Dude, nice pong. Works fine, the physics logic seems solid enough. I'll save this for the next show and tell sequence :)

You will be able to see how chili handles paddle physics in T20 when I will be tacking the break breaker clone.
Chili

Yumtard

Post by Yumtard » January 25th, 2017, 12:13 pm

chili wrote:Dude, nice pong. Works fine, the physics logic seems solid enough. I'll save this for the next show and tell sequence :)

You will be able to see how chili handles paddle physics in T20 when I will be tacking the break breaker clone.
Thanks!
Awesome looking forward to it!
Giving the snek game a go today :shock:

MrGodin

Post by MrGodin » January 25th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Good stuff, you're well on your way
Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back

Yumtard

Post by Yumtard » January 25th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Thanks! Thought so too until I watched the snek tutorials :shock: :shock:

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » January 26th, 2017, 1:43 am

Haha, I might have over-reached a little in Snek for the amount of time I allotted. Too many new concepts in too short a time period. You're certainly not the first one to struggle with it.

I am considering a future revision, maybe breaking it into 3 (or even 4) shorter videos with some more detail in the important parts, and some tips on how to better follow the tutorial.

Let me know the parts that confuse you and I will hook you up with some insight. I'm interested in hear the parts that are the most difficult for you guys so that I can flesh those out if/when I record Snek Mk II.
Chili

Yumtard

Post by Yumtard » January 26th, 2017, 2:05 am

chili wrote:Haha, I might have over-reached a little in Snek for the amount of time I allotted. Too many new concepts in too short a time period. You're certainly not the first one to struggle with it.

I am considering a future revision, maybe breaking it into 3 (or even 4) shorter videos with some more detail in the important parts, and some tips on how to better follow the tutorial.

Let me know the parts that confuse you and I will hook you up with some insight. I'm interested in hear the parts that are the most difficult for you guys so that I can flesh those out if/when I record Snek Mk II.
Awesome. I think what confuses me is all the parameters where we're passing stuff like references to objects. I'm getting the idea of it but it got to be so much passing of different objects I start losing track of it all and when messing around with it on my own I'm not sure what needs to be passed where and when.