Planet Defence Space Shooter game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
egizz983

Planet Defence Space Shooter game

Post by egizz983 » October 1st, 2016, 1:25 pm

So i have finished this game , and just want to upload if someone would need samples or just want to know i have done some things , or just want to improve the game.
So a little about the game, your main purpose is to protect a planet and avoid a meteors if you cannot destroy them .
Things i used for this game :
Vectors , Conditions ,Loops,Enumerations

Futures:
Up gradable Ship (1-5 level)
Up gradable Planet(Shield,Population grown bonus)
Up gradable Weapons (4 types each have 3 levels)
Up gradable Ship Speed up to level 3
4 Different size of meteors
and so on.

The things i might do in the future :
Fire rate(for now i did not find this necessary)
Add animations
Add Sounds
Add more upgrades and futures on ship and planet
Add Special levels where you have to fight against the Alien Spaceship bot .

I have made about 10 test on everything and could find any bugs yet so its seems everything is working as it should .
Attachments
Planet Defence.rar
(467.62 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last edited by egizz983 on October 24th, 2016, 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

freebattie

Re: Planet Defence Space Shooter game

Post by freebattie » October 1st, 2016, 4:32 pm

cool ! will have a look later!

freebattie

Post by freebattie » October 1st, 2016, 5:27 pm

this was pretty cool man! cool that ship changes as you upgradet it, you put some work inn to this! only thing i didnt like was hammering the space button, it got a bit tiresome :P

egizz983

Post by egizz983 » October 1st, 2016, 5:35 pm

freebattie wrote:this was pretty cool man! cool that ship changes as you upgradet it, you put some work inn to this! only thing i didnt like was hammering the space button, it got a bit tiresome :P
yea i this solves me a fire rate for real D: cuz if i wont do that i would need to make fire rates witch is not that complicated , but i am probably become lazy on this game , i might star a new strategy game m with a better methods and better graphic quality ,and animations .
I spend more time then i was expected at this game, cuz of problem i face , tnx to you all that give me some advice and helped to solve them , and once i was coding this game i just keep getting a new ideas witch takes more and more time ti finish i was hoping to finish this game in one full weak 4h day but its takes a little bit more i guess

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » October 1st, 2016, 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's a trap I fall into many times. I don't have a clear goal for the current project and as it comes together, ideas start to flow and before you know it, it's gotten bigger than expected. Maybe writing down what the application is suppose to do before hand and only code that much would help prevent the problem.

"Hammering the space bar" was my biggest turn off as well, other than that I really enjoyed the experience.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » November 3rd, 2016, 7:32 am

I just played this now. It's pretty sweet. I don't see how you defeat the level 4 giant asteroid though!
Chili

warnakey

Post by warnakey » November 3rd, 2016, 11:42 am

Hey,

I really loved the game and can tell you put real effort into it!

There are some frustrating things about it though:

- When I start a new level the ship stays where it was at the end of the previous level. So if I ended a level near the top of the screen I am almost guaranteed to die.
- The upgrade system only works with the mouse, so I have to quickly move from my mouse back to my arrow keys when I start a new level.
- It's really insanely difficult!

Fix those issues and the game would have a lot more replay value!

Great work man!

egizz983

Post by egizz983 » November 8th, 2016, 3:23 pm

chili wrote:I just played this now. It's pretty sweet. I don't see how you defeat the level 4 giant asteroid though!
Before i upload i have tested it i pass 10 levels with no problem but anyway i think there need some more balance on a game cuz i start rushing at the game was wanted to go further with your tuts , because i spend enough time of coding and practicing there so just want to jump into new stuff as fast as i could so just rush everything at the end
warnakey wrote:Hey,

I really loved the game and can tell you put real effort into it!

There are some frustrating things about it though:
Once i got some free time i will fix those issues but thats are really easy to fix it just to add one more line witch would reset coordinates after each level