Image File to gfx.PutPixel Statements Tool

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
trybane@gmail.com

Re: Image File to gfx.PutPixel Statements Tool

Post by trybane@gmail.com » August 21st, 2016, 11:40 am

Just remember that unless he shows memory allocation at the same time or shortly after, it still won't be recommended to make a game using them, unless they are fairly small in data size. Or you could always try looking it up and figuring out how to do it yourself! As Chili says multiple times in the original series, figuring things out from your own research and testing is probably the best way to compliment his tutorials. Don't stop at what he shows you, try new things and see if they work!

Mr Superbad

Post by Mr Superbad » August 21st, 2016, 12:17 pm

chili wrote: Yup, in general what you do is load an image into memory and then copy it to the screen buffer for sprites, backgrounds, etc. Compiled sprites (functions with an ass ton of putpixel calls) were a real technique used in the past, but not these days. I just use them in the beginning because they are simple.
Tristan wrote:Agreed. While you can get away with drawing a stuff with a craptonne of PutPixel calls with a tool like this, I would in no way recommend going through the effort to actually make a game like that.

Wait until we learn how to do it the proper way, this tool is aimed for the impatient and people who would like small custom sprites for the first few tutorials.
Understood <insert thumbs up image> :)

SiRON

Post by SiRON » August 26th, 2016, 8:28 am

thanks!

ifnot

Post by ifnot » January 19th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Hi!
I'm new here and I wanted to ask what kind of pictures I can use? Because with the one I used it didn't work...
Thanks in advance:)

willkillson

Post by willkillson » January 26th, 2018, 8:07 am

Tristan wrote:Agreed. While you can get away with drawing a stuff with a craptonne of PutPixel calls with a tool like this, I would in no way recommend going through the effort to actually make a game like that.

Wait until we learn how to do it the proper way, this tool is aimed for the impatient and people who would like small custom sprites for the first few tutorials.
I played with them, I appreciate your work. :lol:
https://www.twitch.tv/willkillson

Come help me program!

Kshitijthegreat

Post by Kshitijthegreat » August 23rd, 2021, 5:03 pm

You have used pyinstaller right? You can use the -w switch to remove the hideous console window.