New Chili Logo

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

New Chili Logo

Post by chili » July 28th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Gave up on trying to do weird bullshit with light and glass and went for good old chrome.
Attachments
logo.png
(388.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chili

Asimov

Re: New Chili Logo

Post by Asimov » October 14th, 2016, 11:30 pm

Hi Chilli,

Logo came out good, but I suggest adding more edges to the chilli to get a smoother curve.
If you used a cylinder to make the chilli shape try 32, or 64(for a really smooth curve).

Remember chrome is nothing without decent reflection. If you load an HDR map into the environment you will get a nicer chrome reflection.

If you are using mentalray you can use the environment swtcher which gives you the environment you see now, but also give better reflections from the HDR map.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 15th, 2016, 4:36 am

Hehe, too bad it's all done now :D Check out one of the new vids on my channel to see it animated.

But yeah, I tried some stuff to get the chrome to look nice. Should have tried an environment map too!
Chili

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 17th, 2016, 2:47 pm

BTW, I just got a sweet Dual Xeon E5-2670 rig. 16 cores (32 with hyperthreading, though I've disabled that) and 24 GB ram (soon to be 32 GB). This thing is a total BEAST for raytracing. Pretty good for encoding too under handbreke with the new x265 AVC.
Chili

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 17th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Hi Chilli,

Xeon processors are very stable, which is why they use them for servers. Sounds good. I have only got 4 cores on my laptop, but with multithreading it renders as 8 cores. My laptop has 32Gb of ram and an i7 processor.

This mostly suits my needs, apart from when I want to render at 8000 pixels which is what I am doing in my current project so that I can produce huge poster size prints, and that is taking some hours per render LOL.

When you get better at 3D you may want to look into Vray.
However if you making models for games, then stick to the standard renderer.

There is so much to learn in 3D. I have been at it about 10 years now, and I am still learning.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"

salmozzo

Post by salmozzo » November 4th, 2016, 11:11 pm

for the logo, i think you need to add more vertices in the red tomato, now is too
squared.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » November 5th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Yeah, it's pretty low poly, but I'm not too worried about it. Maybe one day when I create a new intro sequence I'll look into it. Right now, my time is better spent making tutorials and shit :)
Chili

Asimov

Post by Asimov » November 5th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Yes we definately need more shit :)
----> Asimov