Lesson 8: Poo Poo Problems

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
DerkMcGiggler

Lesson 8: Poo Poo Problems

Post by DerkMcGiggler » June 15th, 2015, 7:40 am

I'm having an issue with eating poo! I read an earlier post dealing with not being able to eat the poo, but my issue is a bit more X-Files-ish. I have repeated the coding and checked it with the video, looks good. BUT....
If poo1 is eaten, (left screen), I cannot eat poo2(right screen). If poo2 is eaten first, poo1 disappears (poo2 remains on the screen). But poo3 is just right, apparently, it is gobbled up with no problems.
The obvious answer is check the poo points, make sure they are all numbered properly. And yes, they are. I've done it about five times. Changed case for variables and boolian junk (just in case haha..lame...), and scrapped the whole thing for a do-over.
Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Do you know the rule about filling the car up with gas if you take it out? Now you do.

superstar1998

Re: Lesson 8: Poo Poo Problems

Post by superstar1998 » June 15th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Well, if you posted the project it would have been easier for us to find out what the problem is. There must be something related to the poo2 eating, maybe it's eating poo1 instead.
“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”

– Martin Golding

albinopapa

Re: Lesson 8: Poo Poo Problems

Post by albinopapa » June 16th, 2015, 5:24 am

The problem sounds familiar from others posts, you could try searching the forum or as superstar1998 says, clean and post your project and someone will help. Please read this post http://planetchili.net/forum/viewtopic. ... &t=2#p1293, for information on how to clean and upload your project.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com