Finally finished my game!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
superstar1998

Finally finished my game!

Post by superstar1998 » March 25th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Hello again guys!
So, I've finally finished my game, with everything I've mentioned up to now.
I know I've posted a lot about this, but I am really enthusiastic because I've never done anything like this in my life, and I promise this is the last one :)
This time the level editor is integrated in the program and it's a lot more user-friendly (you can right-click to delete anything and press enter to test the level; also, some error messages are displayed when data is not saved/level not created and the reasons).
Adding a new level to the main ones is far more easier (just create the level inside the player menu, copy it to the gameData folder and increment the maxlevel in game.h).
I hope you will like it :)

P.S.: Does anybody have the Pooface EX+alpha project with the scoreboard made in beginner lesson 19 I think? I've deleted mine by mistake and need it to start the intermediate lessons.

EDIT: As always, I've found a little bug after I shared this with you, sorry. Fixed it :)
Attachments
TheGameVS.rar
The project
(699.63 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
TheGame.rar
The .exe
(217.75 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”

– Martin Golding

albinopapa

Re: Finally finished my game!

Post by albinopapa » March 26th, 2015, 12:19 am

I believe this is what you are looking for. Didn't realize I even still had it.
Attachments
EndOfBeginnerTuts.zip
Pooface with scoreboard
(172.3 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

superstar1998

Post by superstar1998 » March 26th, 2015, 10:54 am

Yep, that's what I needed, thanks a lot!
“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”

– Martin Golding

eri9100

Post by eri9100 » March 31st, 2015, 12:36 pm

I Love the game, I had much fun on playing it :)

superstar1998

Post by superstar1998 » March 31st, 2015, 8:16 pm

Thanks eri :)
Also, i tried to open the exe on a computer without vs installed and it required a dll from it (can't remember the name, but you couldn't use the app at all). Does anyone know how can i bypass this without having to install the vs?

– Martin Golding

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » March 31st, 2015, 10:11 pm

you could install the vs runtime for your corresponding vs version if you're allowed to install it on such pc
or you could include the required dlls with your exe (depends on vs used to compile exe, ex: mvscr120.dll and msvcp120.dll for vs13)
or you could go for option 3, which is to rebuild the exe using the Multithread (non-dll) C++ suboption
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 31st, 2015, 10:58 pm

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784

Luis's second option you would have to search your computer for those .dll files, but don't know where they would need to be copied to on the next computer, probably same place as you find them on your computer.

Statically linking the libraries is the third option.
In visual studio, click on Project / Properties / C/C++ / Code Generation then on the right look for Runtime Library and change to Multithreaded (/MT)
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

superstar1998

Post by superstar1998 » April 1st, 2015, 11:28 am

Thanks a lot guys!

– Martin Golding

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 2nd, 2015, 3:38 am

Nice idea. I like the progression of levels, good tutorializing without a tutorial.
Chili